Sunday, September 4, 2011

Eating up New York

We rarely travel for the food experience, but being in New York City last weekend, I found it hard not to dedicate a blog completely to gluttony. I'm surprised I didn't gain much weight from all the goodies the Big Apple has to offer, but I may have walked off some of the lbs trying to find these places. Here are some places definitely worth noting, Bon Appetite!

Doughnut Plant-Lower East Side location
My favorite was the Banana Pecan doughnut

Shake Shack-Upper West Side location


The New York Dog
The Shack Stack
Gray's Papaya-Upper West Side location


Their Papaya juice was pretty tasty.
Katz's Delicatessen-Lower East Side location
Known for the infamous scene from "When Harry met Sally"
Salami or Pastrami sandwiches were our picks of the day.
 
Halal food trucks-Midtown West location
Flavorful Middle Eastern chicken and rice
Levain Bakery-Upper West Side location
Huge cookies that claim to be the best in NY...and they may be right. The chocolate chip walnut is to die for.
Claims to be the birthplace of New York pizza
 
Rice to Riches-Nolita (across the street from Lombardi's Pizza)

I'm a big fan of amusing signs, and this place was covered with them.
One of the cutest food shops I've been to.
No guilt trip here.
Tons of rice pudding to choose from.
Cafe Habana-Nolita (there's a restaurant and next door is a to-go shop)

Cafe Habana is known for their Mexican corn.
This was the longest line I've ever waited in for ice cream, but the Salty Pimp was worth it!  That day we found the truck in Union Square, but you usually have to follow the truck's whereabouts online, luckily they will be opening a new shop early this month.

The "Salty Pimp"
The "Monday Sundae"
Magnolia Bakery-Lower level of Grand Central Terminal location.
Famous NY cupcakes known for their West Valley shop's appearance in "Sex and the City."



BonChon-Midtown location
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of my favorite NY meal, which was BonChon's Korean fried chicken. Hands down the best fried chicken I've ever had. 

My stomach was very satisfied in New York City.




No comments:

Post a Comment